In this role you will:
• Use the latest technology to build user-friendly tools
• Be part of an agile team
• Work together with product owner to challenge and clarify requirements
• Write unit tests, keep up code coverage
• Write integration tests
• Maintain and improve code quality
• Use continuous integration, work towards continuous deployment
• Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies
What we expect from you:
• Proven work experience as a front-end developer
• Experience with ES6 (Typescript a plus)
• Experience with React
• Understanding of and experience with the entire development process
• A willingness to learn and a willingness to teach
• Experience with other programming languages
• DevOps experience
• MSc in Computer Science
• Experience in the chemical distribution market
• Experience in a startup environment, experience in a corporate environment
What you can expect from us:
• Chance to work with cutting-edge technology
• Unique greenfield environment to drive change in a global business
• Open space in a vibrant start-up corporate incubator
• Lots of possibilities for professional development
• International team
• Friendly and supportive colleagues
• Competitive compensation package
Who are we?
We are the digital hub of Brenntag – the global market leader in chemical distribution. Our diverse and international team of 45 people works hard to make digital innovation happen. Empowered by bright and creative minds we design and build state-of-the-art digital solutions to improve the Brenntag experience for its customers, employees and suppliers. Our greatest ambition is to establish the leading e-commerce and knowledge platform in the chemical industry.
Who do we work for?
Brenntag is the #1 chemical distributor in the world: It operates in 74 countries and employs more than 15.000 people.
Where does the magic happen?
We are based in Europe’s biggest startup ecosystem: B. Amsterdam – an ideal location to connect with, learn from and get inspired by other startups.
What is our DNA?
DigiB combines cutting-edge start-up environment with resources of a global corporation. Our team is on clear mission with yet an undefined track. It makes every day at DigiB thrilling, and we absolutely love it! We work in a complex environment, challenge ourselves setting ambitious goals, constantly invent and reexamine our working methods. We are the driver of change in the chemical industry. Being the first means stepping on undiscovered pathways and learning from our mistakes. That is why, we are looking for people with guts, who can make the digital transformation happen!