In this role you will:
• develop our strategic content approach across the mother company
• maintain a consistent tone of voice across all content on the platform
• collaborate with our marketing team to deliver personalised content experience, based on the capabilities of the platform
• work with products to identify new features that will deliver premium content experience
• work with stakeholders to source and validate the information that goes onto our platform.
In managing our digital content strategy, you will:
• lead web-development projects and change requests for our web platform – from inception through to user acceptance
• assist our marketing team with the promotion of our products and events
• document project requirements, milestones and timelines, and obtain the necessary business approvals
• collaborate with internal clients and resources to successfully define, organise and implement campaigns with specially created campaign pages
• assist the marketing team in growing and maintaining strong SEO practices for our sites, including creation of titles, tags and descriptions, ensuring engaging SEO-friendly headlines for the main section pages, and sharing other best practices related to search visibility across the organisation
• use a mix of editorial judgment and data analytics to drive decision-making
• coordinate workflow for our internal departments (products, marketing and content), feeding content to digital platforms
• act as liaison with UI, UX, marketing, content, technology and analytics teams
• support branding guidelines on all digital platforms.
What we expect of you:
• Minimum 5 years’ website-management experience.
• Experience developing websites that are aligned with digital-marketing requirements.
• You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and in person.
• Excellent analytical skills with strong user/consumer empathy and awareness, driven by qualitative research results.
• Thorough understanding of digital usability and user behaviour trends and best practices.
• Working knowledge of web-publishing technologies (such as photo optimisation, browser compatibility).
• Your ability to operate, collaborate and motivate stakeholders across departments and properties is critical to success. This role is responsible for ensuring all content and platform work is launched on time.
• You must be organised and detail-oriented, with exceptional time management and multitasking skills, with the ability to thrive under pressure.
• Experience working in a matrixed organisation, with proven ability to translate digital initiatives across departments.
• CMS experience (preferably Bloomreach).
• Exceptional project-management skills.
• Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year university.
What you can expect from us:
• The opportunity to drive change in a global business
• Open space in a vibrant office environment
• Lots of possibilities for professional development
• Friendly and supportive colleagues
• Competitive compensation package
Who are we?
We are an innovation hub of Brenntag – the global leader in global chemical distribution. Our diverse and international team of 45 people works hard to make digital innovation happen. Empowered by bright and creative minds we design and build state-of-the art digital solutions to improve the Brenntag experience for its customers, employees and suppliers. Our greatest ambition is to establish the leading e-commerce and knowledge platform in the chemical industry.
Who do we work for?
Brenntag is the #1 chemical distributor in the world: It operates in 74 countries and employs more than 15.000 people.
Where does the magic happen?
We are based in Europe’s biggest startup ecosystem: B. Amsterdam – an ideal location to connect with, learn from and get inspired by other startups.
What is our DNA?
DigiB combines cutting-edge start-up environment with resources of a global corporation. Our team is on clear mission with yet an undefined track. It makes every day at DigiB thrilling, and we absolutely love it! We work in a rapidly changing environment, challenge ourselves setting ambitious goals, constantly invent and reexamine our working methods. We are the driver of change in the chemical industry. Being the first means stepping on undiscovered pathways and learning from our mistakes. That is why, we are looking for people with guts, who can make the digital revolution happen!