In this role you will:
• use the latest technology to build the Brenntag Connect public pages (brenntagconnect.com)
• integrate with front end, extend and improve our Bloomreach CMS
• support the rollout of our Brenntag Connect public pages worldwide
• be part of an agile scrum team
• work together with the product owner to challenge and clarify requirements in stories
• write unit tests, keep up code coverage
• write integration tests
• maintain and improve code quality
• use continuous integration; work towards continuous deployment
• stay up-to-date with emerging technologies.
What we expect from you:
• knowledge of Java and Maven
• knowledge of Groovy is a plus
• proven work experience with a Headless Enterprise Content Management System (CMS)
• experience with configuring, customizing and deploying a CMS
• expose content from the CMS using the delivery tier
• experience with Bloomreach (brX, brSM, brXM) is a big plus
• knowledge about Dynamic Hierarchical Content Modelling is a big plus
• experience in GitLab, CI/CD is a plus
• knowledge of front-end technologies such as ReactJS, Node, NextJS is a plus
• help our authors to make manual work easier by automating processes by implementing new features
• experience with JCR (Java Content Repository)
• team player with good ability to communicate complex problems
• English speaker; Dutch is a plus.
What you can expect from us:
• Unique greenfield environment to drive change in a global business
• Open space in a vibrant start-up corporate incubator
• Lots of possibilities for professional development
• Friendly and supportive colleagues
• Competitive compensation package.
Who are we?
We are an innovation hub of Brenntag – the global leader in global chemical distribution. Our diverse and international team of 45 people works hard to make digital innovation happen. Empowered by bright and creative minds we design and build state-of-the art digital solutions to improve the Brenntag experience for its customers, employees and suppliers. Our greatest ambition is to establish the leading e-commerce and knowledge platform in the chemical industry.
Who do we work for?
Brenntag is the #1 chemical distributor in the world: It operates in 74 countries and employs more than 15.000 people.
Where does the magic happen?
We are based in Europe’s biggest startup ecosystem: B. Amsterdam – an ideal location to connect with, learn from and get inspired by other startups.
What is our DNA?
DigiB combines cutting-edge start-up environment with resources of a global corporation. Our team is on clear mission with yet an undefined track. It makes every day at DigiB thrilling, and we absolutely love it! We work in a rapidly changing environment, challenge ourselves setting ambitious goals, constantly invent and reexamine our working methods. We are the driver of change in the chemical industry. Being the first means stepping on undiscovered pathways and learning from our mistakes. That is why, we are looking for people with guts, who can make the digital revolution happen!